Visitors

free counters

4.15.2009

Rule of Life


Greetings All,
     I trust you were all spiritually enriched this past weekend by the opportunity (provided by the Church calendar year) to focus exclusively on the resurrection of Jesus.  It was a great day here in Perkasie, PA as we entered back into our newly renovated sanctuary for the first Sunday morning service since early January!
 
    Our "thoughts" for this morning reflect something of the mindset of Jesus, who, as we are told in Acts 10:38"went around doing good..."    The same was said of His disciple Tabitha.  She was apparently so intent on following His example that Acts 9:36 can say of her that she "was always doing good and helping the poor." 
   
     I hope these thoughts challenge and motivate you to do the same.  Enjoy.
 
     "No man or woman of the humblest sort can really be strong, gentle, pure and good, without the world being the better for it; without somebody being helped and comforted by the very existence of that goodness."  
Phillips Brooks
 
     "I expect to pass through this world but once.  Any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature; let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." 
Stephen Grellet
 
     
I conclude by offering you John Wesley's well-known Rule of Life:
 
"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can."
 
In the Bond's of Christian Fellowship,   Pastor Jeff
 
Dr. Jeffrey F. Evans